In order to provide you with the full range of services, we are sometimes required to collect information about you.
- What information James Brewster Financial Services Limited may collect about you
- How James Brewster Financial Services Limited will use information we collect about you
- Whether James Brewster Financial Services Limited will disclose your details to anyone else
As data controller we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
- When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
- In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect the information fairly and to let you know how we will use it and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else.
- We will comply with the Principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 and we will ensure all personal information supplied to us is held securely.
- We will ensure that any information will be held only as long as is necessary to ensure our service runs smoothly.
- We use up to date industry procedures to keep personal data as safe and secure as possible against loss, unauthorised disclosure or access.
Can I find out what information James Brewster Financial Services Limited holds about me?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (We charge £10 for information requests and will require you to prove your identity with 2 pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. As soon as we are satisfied as to your identity we will send you, within 40 days of receipt of your written request and the fee, a copy of all the data we hold concerning you.
You can instruct us to remove you from marketing communications at any time, free of charge.
What personal information do we collect and why do we collect it
We will collect and use personal information about you in order to administer the services to be provided to you, for banking and credit assessment, for market research and statistical analysis and for marketing to you products and services which we feel will be of interest to you.
If you do not wish to be contacted about or receive marketing information from us you can send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to us at the address below.
To whom will we supply your personal data?
Any personal data provided by you to us at any time will be processed in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We will mainly use your personal data in connection with the provision of our services to you, but may also use it to contact you in connection with other services. We will not provide information to organisations without your consent, unless we are obliged to by the law or are requested to do so by HM Revenue & Customs, FCA, the LSE or any other regulatory body. For further information you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the address below.
- Where we need to share the information to provide a service you have requested.
To assist licensed credit reference agencies in relation to credit assessment or if you breach the terms of any agreement we have with you.
To prevent fraud or other crime.
- Where we need to send the information to persons, agents, sub-contractors or other organisations who work on our behalf to provide a service to you but such persons or organisations may only use this information in order to provide such product or service and not for any other purpose.
- Where we are required to forward the information in order to comply with a regulatory or legal process.
Links to other websites
Cookies, are parcels of text sent by a server to a Web client (usually a browser) and then sent back unchanged by the client each time it accesses that server. Every time the user visits the webpage the cookie can be used to help identify them. We may use Session cookies on the James Brewster Financial Services Limited website. We use session cookies to keep track of you whilst you navigate the James Brewster Financial Services Limited website; Session cookies do not reside on your computer permanently and will be deleted when you close your browser.
Further information about cookies can be found on the Interactive Advertising Bureau’s website www.allaboutcookies.org.
If you share our content through social media, for example by liking us on Facebook, following or tweeting about us on Twitter, or giving us a ‘+1’ via Google Plus, those social networks will record that you have done so and may set a cookie for this purpose.
In some cases, where a page on our website includes content from a social network, such as a Twitter feed, or Facebook comments box, those services may set a cookie even where you do not click a button. As is the case for all cookies, we cannot access those set by social networks, just as those social networks cannot access cookies we set ourselves.
Our systems automatically gather some anonymous information about visitors, including IP addresses, browser type, language, and the times and dates of webpage visits. The data collected does not include personally identifiable information and is used, as described above, for statistical analysis, to understand user behaviour, and to administer the site.
The internet is not a secure medium. However we take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We have put in place various security procedures as set out in this policy. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to user information. We use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us, and our database is hosted in a secure data centre. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur, we use our best efforts to prevent this.
James Brewster Financial Services Limited, 42 Dunedin Avenue, Stockton-on-Tees, Cleveland, TS18 5JQ
We are registered with Data Protection and our registration number is ZA099540